POWERFACT: Becoming an influencer and contributor on the community Facebook page of your farm area is smart marketing and a good neighbor quality!
One powerful way to stay connected with the folks in your neighborhood farm is to become a frequent contributor on the community Facebook page for your farming area. These community pages are growing more and more popular as consumers look for recommendations, ideas, share lost pet information, weather alerts, school activities, and use it as an information clearinghouse for information. There are so many ways to become an influencer in your community. I like to share that these pages are a little like digital farming. And farming, digital or otherwise, takes patience.
It’s about SERVICE, not selling. It’s about GIVING, not listing. You’ll see some agents that are all about real estate on their business pages, personal pages, and in groups — that really takes the SOCIAL out of social media. Instead, focus on being a resource people can count on and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how your service is rewarded with referrals and business.
Here are 8 Great Ways real estate agents can become an influencer using Community Facebook Pages:
- Have a list of resources readily available. Often, neighbors will ask for recommendations such as contractors, roofers, landscapers, plumbers, handymen, etc. Being able to provide the names and information of trusted sources helps to make YOU a trusted source.
- Be in the know. Actively research information that affects your farm area such as school and community events, local promotions, new restaurants or businesses – and share that information on a regular basis.
- Offer handy tips and ideas. Create graphics using tools such as Canva – or just share tips that can help homeowners in your market. You might share fire, home, car, or bus safety tips, seasonal home maintenance ideas, neighborhood watch information, do-it-yourself tips, gardening strategies, storm or disaster planning, etc.
- Calendar fun. On almost any given day of the year, there is SOME crazy holiday to share. National Coffee Day, Pizza Day, Teacher’s Day, Doctor’s Day, etc. Have some fun and spread some good cheer in your community group.
- Fun facts. EVERY area and community has history, stories to tell, and fun facts to share. Make it a point to have some of that research handy to contribute. When was the neighborhood first built? What builders were involved? What animals are native to the area? What trees work best in the soil there?
- Recipes. There’s a little FOODIE in most of us, right? Share some amazing recipes with community members, especially during those entertaining times of year!
- Humor and smiles. Good clean humor and funnies are great to lift spirits and make people smile. Cartoons, motivational quotes, inspirational ideas – have fun with them!
- Real estate tips: A good rule of thumb is for every TEN shares, responses, and contributions to the page that you make, you can add a real estate tool or tip such as a FREE NEIGHBORHOOD MARKET REPORT, or market trends, or open house.
Power Agents®, you’ll find an entire library of Social Media graphics available to share in the Social Media tab of your Classroom. You’ll also find the pdf of these Eight Great Ways to Become an Influencer in your market tips. New tools and graphics are added every month to this page. You’ll also want to download 35 Facebook Live Ideas to help make YOUR business page even more engaging!
On the topic of Farming – join us for this week’s webinar:
How to Create a Self-Promotion and Farming Campaign
Wednesday, February 12th – Noon-1:00 PM Eastern
- How to define your own USP – Unique Selling Proposition (and why that’s important)
- The art of creating your own memorable slogan
- How to stay top of mind for buyers and sellers in your market
- The Do’s and Don’ts of creating a brand for yourself
- What promotional vehicles work and where to find them
- How to promote yourself on a shoestring budget all the way to high-end sales
Not yet a Power Agent®? Did you know that for less than a dollar a day, you can have access to hundreds of marketing, prospecting, and objection handling tools – live weekly coaching, podcasts, webinars, and more?
If you’re ready to have everything you need to handle whatever the market tosses your way — get started today!
Need help? Contact our team today at (800) 395-3905!